Lisa V. Onianwa is a Senior Associate in the firm. Her practice focuses on Corporate and Finance. She has extensive experience advising corporates, financial institutions, private equity funds, multinationals, state governments and other sovereign entities on debt and equity finance and corporate transactions. She frequently advises clients on complex cross-border M&A transactions, financing, restructurings, fund establishments, competition and regulatory compliance matters, deal structuring and framework for foreign investments in Nigeria.
LinkedIn - http://linkedin.com/in/lisa-v-n-onianwa-8bb6a361/
Some of Lisa’s transactions and cases for the firm include:
- Advised on the c. $400 million acquisition of majority shares in a listed commercial bank from the controlling shareholders.
- Advised on a $15 million investment in a BVI entity, the holding company for a leading personal care products brand in Nigeria, by 2 European debt finance institutions.
- Advised AIICO Insurance Plc and other shareholders on the sale of their majority shares in AIICO Pension Limited and the subsequent merger of AIICO Pension and FCMB Pensions Limited.
- Advised on the establishment of various funds including a healthcare fund, technology fund, money market and euro funds for prominent institutions.
- Advised on Cross border Private Equity (“PE”) investments including participation in a retail tech’s US$110m series B funding round, equity investment in a pharmaceutical chain from a US frontier-markets PE Firm, and group restructuring of a South African asset manager.
- Advised on a diverse range of capital market transactions including a sovereign Islamic debt instrument (sukuk forward ijarah), Eurobonds by prominent financial institutions (Ecobank and UBA Plc), and a secondary offering equity program by MTN.
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Nigerian Bar Association, Section on Business Law, Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Reorganisations Committee
- Law Society of England and Wales
Academic Record and Qualifications
- Solicitor, Senior Courts of England and Wales
- Barrister and Solicitor, Supreme Court of Nigeria
- Master of Laws (LL.M), King’s College London
- Bachelor of Laws (LL. B), University of Essex