Okechukwu Okoro is the Deputy Managing Partner at G Elias. His practice focuses on electric power, oil and gas, banking and finance, labour, immigration and dispute resolution. He has advised both public and private sector, local and international clients on several large, innovative, and complex transactions across in the electric power and oil and gas sectors.
Okechukwu is recognized and ranked in the leading international directories of lawyers including the IFLR and Legal 500. He has published well-considered articles on topical legal issues in the Nigerian energy space.
Phone number: +234 803 770 1610
LinkedIn - https://ng.linkedin.com/in/okechukwu-joachim-okoro-9330b5109
Some of Okechukwu’s work include:
- advice to lenders of circa USD10 billion in aggregate under forward sale funding structures for the NNPC, Shell, ExxonMobil, Chevron and Total entities.
- advice to Ibadan and Yola Distribution Companies on the Disbursement Agreement with the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission under a scheme to support the sector to the aggregate tune of NGN213bn.
- advice to All On Partnerships for Energy Access Limited by Guarantee, a Shell funded impact investment company (involved in interventions to address access to energy challenge in Nigeria) on sundry renewable energy issues including, investments and funding of renewable energy companies in Nigeria.
- advice to an indigenous oil and gas company on a US$214million senior reserve-based lending for the purpose of financing its oil mining assets
- advice to the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) on a 10MW solar power project in Kano State.
- advising two successful bidders on the recently concluded 2020 marginal oilfield bid round.
- advice to BUA/Siemens consortium on a 950MW independent power project with the NNPC/GPIC in Kaduna State.
- represented (and currently represents) Nigeria’s leading telecommunications company on a series of intellectual property disputes/cases before Nigerian courts.
- represented (and currently represents) a leading Pan-African Bank in a class action instituted by over 1500 former employees of the bank with a claim in excess of N2 billion.
- advice to a publicly listed cement company on the establishment of a N250 billion bond programme and the N115 billion first series issuance under the programme.
- Member of the Nigerian Bar.
Academic Record and Qualifications
- Master of Law (LL.M) Bayero University
- Barrister-at-Law (B.L) Nigerian Law School.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL. B), Ebonyi State University. Sometime top graduating student at Ebonyi State University’s law faculty