Ebimobowei Jikenghan is a Senior Associate with the firm and the team lead of the firm’s New Economy practice group comprising technology, fintech, telecommunications, media and entertainment. He has a wide range of experience in advising financial technology companies on a broad spectrum of regulatory and compliance matters. He regularly advises start-ups and several international and local clients across the digital services landscape including digital banking services providers, terminal aggregators and operators, fintech application providers (including blockchain-based solutions providers), global card schemes, and e-commerce entities. He has also advised on several of the firm’s telecommunications and data protection instructions.
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ebimobowei/
Some of Ebi’s transactions and works include:
- Advising a 5G licensee in Nigeria on its initial financing and roll out nationwide.
- Advising a leading fibre duct operator on sundry matters including on spectrum sharing and roaming arrangement and on its equity/debt financing by a US SPAC investor
- Advised a leading global bank on the legal requirements for the processing of biometric data on its internet banking platform and on data protection and privacy issues with respect to the disclosure of personal information of its customers for investment purposes.
- Advised a multinational company on its data transfer project in view of the recommendations of the European Data Protection Board following the Schrems II case.
- Advised Google (through its UK advisory firm) on the implementation of an API targeting local mobile wallet services providers.
- Advised a leading fan token issuer on sundry matters relating to its partnership with local sports club in Nigeria and on advertising and crypto-related framework for its operations in Nigeria.
- Advised a multinational entity on the data protection aspects relating to the collection, use and transfer of personal data of employees in its Nigerian affiliate for the purpose of implementing and managing the employee’s participation in its equity incentive plan.
- Advising a major animation studio in Nigeria on the reorganization of its related Nigerian entities, corporate structure, equity raising agenda and the production of its slate of animated film projects.
- Advised a global payment platform provider on its bid to acquire and support local point-of-sale terminals and aggregate merchant payment services in Nigeria.
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Fintech Association of Nigeria
Academic Record and Qualifications
- Barrister-at-Law (B.L), Nigerian Law School
- Bachelor of Laws (LL. B), University of Benin.