Japhet Eneh is a Senior Associate in the firm. His experience spans across the Firm’s Projects Unit and Commercial Practice Groups. For Projects, Japhet regularly handles numerous and diverse transactions under the real estate sector, construction, transport, logistics, infrastructure, industrial and mining sectors.
Japhet is also a key member of the Firm’s Intellectual Property team where he specialises in IP registrations, prosecution and enforcement of IP rights. He manages a number of IP portfolios for clients in the telecommunications, financial, pharmaceutical, hospitality, and fast-moving consumer goods sectors. He is a member of INTA and has represented the Firm in many IP events within and outside Nigeria.
Phone number: +234 816 064 0446;
Japhet has advised on some innovative and expansive transactions in the Nigerian Projects/Infrastructure, real estate and IP space some of which include:
- Advising on the development of a portfolio of six blocks of luxury apartments each on Eko Atlantic City, Lagos (part of the most ambitious real estate project in Africa today);
- Legal advisory to the Lagos State Government on the construction of the Lagos Metro Rail Transit – the Redline; (the largest rail line in Nigeria);
- Legal advisory services for the concession and development of the Lekki Deep Sea Port in the Lagos Free Trade Zone;
- Advising on the development of a 25-storey twin-tower building with 41 luxury apartments on Bourdillon Road in Ikoyi, Lagos;
- Advised the developer on the proposed development of an office park at Osapa, Lagos;
- Advised the developers of the Agbowo Shopping Complex in Ibadan, Oyo state;
- Advised a pension fund manager on the development of a luxury hotel in Abuja;
- Advised an oil and gas multinational on the development of its headquarters in Abuja on a build, operate and transfer basis;
- Provided legal advisory services to a leading private equity firm and a construction company on the structuring, construction and sale of a luxury mixed use development (with over 600 luxury bedroom apartments, retail malls, recreation centers and parking center) located in Lekki Phase 1;
- Advised a multinational Construction company on sundry IP matters as well as on two transfer of technology agreements in Nigeria;
- Managed the IP portfolio of a major beverage manufacturing and distribution company;
- Managing the trademarks portfolio of Nigeria’s leading telecommunications company in registering, monitoring and enforcing their trademarks and other IP rights;
- Advised a leading information technology/multinational mobile telecommunications company on unfair competition matters and comparative advertising issues.
- INTA International Trademark Association
- Intellectual Property Lawyers Association of Nigeria
- Nigerian Bar Association
Academic Record and Qualifications
- Barrister-at-Law (B.L) Nigerian Law School
- Bachelor of Laws (LL. B, Second Class Honours: Upper Division), Ebonyi State University Abakaliki.