Similoluwa Oyelude is a Partner in the firm. Her practice focuses on Intellectual Property, and she specialises in IP prosecution and enforcement. Her practice includes advising on registrations of IP rights and IP contentious work for clients, advising on IP infringement cases and unfair competition cases.
Similoluwa is advising clients in wide variety of industries including leading finance institutions, multinational corporations, regulators, and corporates (domestic and foreign) telecommunications, technology, pharmaceuticals, hospitality, commodities services, retail and fast-moving consumer goods.
Phone number: +234 8038271488.
LinkedIn - https://ng.linkedin.com/in/similoluwa-oyelude-1610b878
2022: World Trademark Review: WTR 1000 - Recommended Individual 2022
2022: Managing Intellectual Property IP STARS 2022 Leading Practitioners
2021: Emerging IP Player Award-The Conference Gorilla
2021: The Nigerian Rising Star Award - Forty Under Forty
Similoluwa has advised on some innovative and expansive transactions in the Nigerian commercial and intellectual property space. She led the IP team in:
- Advising a multinational beverage producing company Nigeria on advisory on IP matters relating to the possible use of images on the getup of a bottle.
- Advising a New York based venture capital firm that invests in high margin, fast growing technology companies on the intellectual property portfolio of a London -based digital bank.
- Advising a UK operator on the appropriate intellectual property agenda for its gaming business in Southeast Asia, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Japan, Indonesia. North America, European Union, United Kingdom, Nigeria, South America, Middle east, Russia and Ukraine.
- Advising a multinational Construction company on two transfer-of technology agreements in Nigeria.
- Advising one of Nigeria’s leading manufacturers and distributors of consumer goods products with over 70 years of business experience and the owner of Nigeria’s largest and well-known food products brand on the licensing of the leading cleaning and home care product brand in Nigeria.
- Advising a leading foreign research, medical technology and experimental development company based in Singapore.
- Managing the IP portfolio of the foremost Pan African multilateral trade finance institution.
- Managed the trademarks portfolio of Nigeria’s leading telecommunications company in registering, monitoring and enforcing the trademarks rights.
- Representing a leading Japanese Company with over USD5billion turnover on obtaining regulatory approvals for its sundry products.
- Managing the IP portfolio of a leading quick service restaurant company with over 70 outlets in Nigeria.
- INTA -International Trademark Association
- PTMG -Pharmaceutical Trademarks Group
- ECTA- European Community Trademark Association
- Nigerian Bar Association
Academic Record and Qualifications
- Master of Law (LL.M) University of Lagos
- Barrister-at-Law (B.L) Nigerian Law School
- Bachelor of Laws (LL. B, Second Class Honours: Upper Division), Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma.