- LL.M (University of Lagos); LL.B (Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma); graduated with Second Class Honours Upper Division;
- Member of the Nigerian Bar and the International Trademark Association.
- Group: Commercial; New Economy.
- A Partner.
Similoluwa Oyelude is a Partner in the firm. She holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Master of Laws degrees from Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma and University of Lagos respectively. Simi’s practice areas cover intellectual property and “NewEconomy” practice.
Simi advises leading finance institutions, multinational corporations, regulators, and corporates (domestic and foreign) and companies in food and pharmaceuticals, hospitality, commodities services on providing solutions to their legal and business needs. Most of her IP work is for looking after the registrations of rights, regulatory, contractual, and contentious work for clients. She is a full-time IP expert. She provides legal advisory services on IP infringement cases, cease and-desist letters and unfair competition cases.
Simi has advised on some innovative and expansive transactions in the Nigerian commercial and intellectual property space. She leads the team in managing the IP portfolios of:
- advising a multinational beverage producing company Nigeria on advisory on IP matters relating to the possible use of images on the getup of a bottle.
- Advising a New York based venture capital firm that invests in high margin, fast growing technology companies on the intellectual property portfolio of a London -based digital bank.
- Advised a UK operator on the appropriate intellectual property agenda for its gaming business in Southeast Asia, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Japan, Indonesia. North America, European Union, United Kingdom, Nigeria, South America, Middle east, Russia and Ukraine.
- Advised a multinational Construction company on two transfer-of technology agreements in Nigeria.
- Managing the IP portfolio of the foremost Pan African multilateral trade finance institution.
- Advised one of Nigeria’s leading manufacturers and distributors of consumer goods products with over 70 years of business experience and the owner of Nigeria’s largest and well-known food products brand on the licensing of the leading cleaning and home care product brand in Nigeria.
- Managed the trademarks portfolio of Nigeria’s leading telecommunications company in registering, monitoring and enforcing the trademarks rights.
- Managing the IP portfolio of a leading quick service restaurant company with over 70 outlets in Nigeria.
- Advised a leading foreign research, medical technology and experimental development company based in Singapore.
- Representing a leading Japanese Company with over USD5billion turnover on obtaining regulatory approvals for its sundry products.
International Trademarks Association (INTA) Pharmaceutical Trademarks Group (PTMG)
LinkedIn - https://ng.linkedin.com/in/similoluwa-oyelude-1610b878