- LL.M (London) and LL.B (Lagos State University).
- Sometime top graduating student at the Lagos State University’s law faculty.
- Member of the Nigerian Bar.
- A Partner.
Segun Omoregie is a partner at G. Elias. He holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Master of Laws degrees from the Lagos State University and University College London respectively.
Segun’s practice covers corporate finance, capital markets, private equity, project development, project finance, petroleum, mergers and acquisitions as well as foreign investment and corporate taxation. banking
Segun has advised clients spanning across several sectors including hospitality, energy, and food and healthcare on several complex corporate restructuring and various cross-border transactions, including securities offerings and syndicated financings.
Some of Segun’s work include:
- Led the team that advised on the merger of Transcorp Ughelli Power Limited and Ughelli Power Plc (owners of a thermal plant with capacity of over 750MW) — Nigeria’s first formal merger involving an electricity producer.
- Leading the team currently advising Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria in relation to the divestment of its interest in an airline company.
- Leading the team advising Bamboo Financial Inclusion Fund II on the acquisition of and subscription to shares in Fortis Microfinance Bank Plc.
- Leading the team advising Sovereign Trust Insurance Plc on its corporate restructuring for the sale of up to 51% of its equity stake to a strategic investor.
- Led the team that advised Mercuria, global oil traders, on the purchase of crude oil from five other oil traders’ portfolios of receivables for imported petroleum products.
- Advised on the NNPC 2015 US$1.5bn crude forward sale financing.
- Leading the team advising two leading indigenous firms in respect of their investments in the oil and gas industry – Bell Oil and Gas Ltd. and Royal Sanderton.
- Advised the Bureau of Public Enterprises on developing a payment support package for the Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Plc.
- Advised United Bank for Africa Plc’s on its Series 2 Fixed rate subordinated unsecured bond issuance.
- Advised on the merger of Africa Oilfield Services Ltd. and Orwell Oil and Gas Ltd. to create the largest Nigerian-controlled oilfield service company (USD200mm).
- Advising BUA International and Siemens on the development of a USD1.2bn combined cycle 900MW independent power plant with the NNPC/GPIC in Kaduna, Kaduna State.
- Currently advising on the investment in AIICO by LeapFrog Emerging Consumer Fund III, LP.
- He advised on the West Africa Deal of the Year, the Merger of Cement Company of Northern Nigeria and Kalambaina Cement Company.
LinkedIn - https://ng.linkedin.com/in/segun-omoregie-2b752680